The numbers are in! We are thrilled to announce that Sunday, May 7, marked our most successful annual Anti Gala to date. Together with our overwhelmingly generous community, we raised a phenomenal $596,182 for the kids! We are awestruck and humbled by the outpouring of support at our 4th Annual Anti Gala.
Thanks to our amazing sponsors and guests, we will move more families out of homelessness and into stable homes and self-sufficiency. We will provide more children with the exceptional educations that they deserve.
Against the elegant backdrop of Venue by Three Petals in Huntington Beach, Project Hope Alliance and more than 300 guests united to fuel our mission of ending the cycle of homelessness, one child at a time, right in our own backyard. The night featured:
- Matt Rogers as our spirited auctioneer
- Coordination by The Fashionable Event
- Cuisine by Primal Alchemy
- Lighting, video, and audio by Full-Blown Events
- Blooms by Laceroots Floral
- Live and silent auctions
- "Raise the Paddle"
- Our always popular wine wall where guests grabbed "mystery" bottles of wine for $25
- Tours of "214 Sq. Ft.," a traveling art installation created in collaboration with UCI Claire Trevor School of the Arts that represents what life as a "motel kid" looks and feels like
- A special award ceremony honoring our 2017 Catalyst of Hope, Newport Harbor High School Principal Sean Boulton, for his exceptional work in moving the needle in the lives of our Promotor Pathway Program students
- Dessert by SusieCakes and Donna B's Bakery
- A live acoustic performance by Jakob Dylan of The Wallflowers
One special highlight of the evening was our rousing round of "Raise the Paddle," where we raised $300,000 in less than 60 seconds! Each and every guest in the room undoubtedly felt the astounding giving energy.
Relive the magic through photos and live video:
Our live auction invited guests to bid on a stunning array of luxury items and experiences, and bid they did! Features included:
- Week at Villa Nova, a premier Star Villas five-bedroom, 12-person oceanfront estate in upscale Playa Ocotal, Costa Rica
- Chance to watch a Los Angeles Dodgers batting practice with field level tickets
- Brad Paisley concert from a private Honda Center suite for up to 14 people
- Luxury Porsche Design Timepiece Watch
- Seven days in a Cabo Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Super Presidential Suite
- Week at the world-class, five-star St. Regis Residence Club in beautiful Aspen, Colorado, during the Aspen Film Festival
Endless gratitude to our sponsors:
- Hero: Microsemi
- Visionary: Lisa Argyros & The Argyros Family Foundation
- Champion: Wells Fargo and The Ginsberg Family
- Advocate: The MacKenzie Family & HFF, KSK Cancer Center of Irvine, Ernst & Young, American Business Bank, and St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
Special thanks to our silent auction sponsors:
Equitex, Art of Jiu Jitsu Academy, Hi-Time Wine Cellars, Erik Nelsen Surf Camps, Surfside Sports, KROQ Weenie Roast, Katie Cook, Core Reform Pilates, Spa Gregories, Polished Perfect, Port Theater, Mobilitie, Anton Aesthetics, Newport Float Therapy, Impression Dental, Facialworks, El Cholo, Cohn Health Institute, Xpecting Boutique, Skout, MacKenzie Household, jeans|and|a|T, Total Wine & More, Kendra Scott, Bleu Cotton Photography, Halper Fine Art, Blank Canvas Wines, Lorin Backe Photography, Callaway Vineyard & Winery, Anaheim Ducks, L.A. Rams, L.A. Chargers, L.A. Lakers, L.A. Dodgers, Karen Falco, Grit Cycle, Holiday Salon, Blackman Ltd Jewelers, Tabu Shabu, The Alley, Taco Bell, Lisa Fujimoto, Joe Lewis, and Knott's Berry Farm.
The night's extraordinary intentional giving fuels our mission to end the cycle of homelessness, one child at a time. Thank you to each and every advocate for daring to care for the kids. We can't wait to do it again next year.