This Thanksgiving, Project Hope Alliance's newly expanded food pantry could hardly contain all of the delicious donations from our generous donors. Oversized bags brimming with ingredients and gift cards for the festive feast spilled into the rooms and walkways of our headquarters. It was a truly a beautiful sight!
We are humbled by the overwhelming support from our community, which helped our kids and families enjoy their holiday meals (with all the trimmings!). A very special 'thank you' to the companies that made these feasts possible: Optum Healthcare, Taco Bell, KaVo Kerr Group, The Home Depot, Applied Medical, Orange County United Way, Pacific Total Body Wellness, and Michelman & Robinson, LLP.
It's also beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our headquarters, thanks to the wonderful women of the Junior League of Orange County. The passionate group volunteered their time to decorate our space and wrap presents for the children and families we serve. Now we are finally ready to host our upcoming holiday events!
Our days are especially merry and bright this month thanks to our Adopt A Child program and donors. In place of our Thanksgiving bundles are now dozens of holiday presents for our kids. Stepping into Santa's Workshop each day warms our hearts, and makes for a very merry giving season.
If you'd like to get involved this year, it's not too late! Here are five ways to help today:
1. Donate wrapping supplies (donations are welcome any weekday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 1954 Placentia Avenue, #202, Costa Mesa, CA 92627).
2. Spark Hope for our kids and families by joining our monthly giving community.
3. Donate in honor of someone on your list (makes a great holiday gift, and we mail your honoree a beautiful honor card!).
4. Volunteer and help us with our happy holidays rush.
5. Help replenish our Food Pantry (follow us on social for weekly #FoodPantryFriday needs).